Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Videos posted on you tube.

 This is just to note that yesterday I uploaded seven videos to You Tube that showcase my puzzle passion.  All you need to do is type "You Tube Dennis Mott Jigsaw Puzzles" in the google search bar and it'll pop up to at least a few of them.  They were all filmed in the last couple of weeks and my two bedroom apartment was jammed with puzzles I had out on display.  In my living room I had made a ten foot display board that I laid over my couch and had on it seven 1000 piece puzzles and a couple of 2000 piece puzzles.  Behind the couch I had two long folding tables that held two 1500 piece panoramic puzzles and in the corner of the living room on my two work tables I had eight of my thirteen completed MC Escher puzzles showcased.  In the other corner and on another work table I had three other puzzles on display plus a collection of empty jigsaw puzzle boxes that pretty much represented the number of puzzles I built in 2011.  I think all together the number of unframed completed puzzles I had in the living room were 23 and I also had 14 framed puzzles on my walls and in my windows of my living room.  Here's a few photos.

I also had puzzles on display in my two bedrooms.  In my bedroom I exhibited my two 3000 piece puzzles that were built in the past year.  One is "The Bombardment of Algiers" and the other is a Clementoni Landscape puzzle of "The Dolomites".  These puzzles are just about four feet wide so the only way to store my big ones is under my bed.  Also because I do not glue my puzzles storing my puzzles is a challenge all by itself!  For the big puzzles I sandwich them between stiff davy boards or foam boards and seal them with tape or staples to keep them secure.  This way I can handle them vertically when I have to move them around.  For the smaller ones (1500 or less) I build my puzzles on paper and store them in the drawers of my storage cabinet in my second bedroom which I have made into my workroom for framing.  The five drawers of my storage cabinet contain around 150 completed and unglued jigsaw puzzles.  In my workroom I had three 1500 piece puzzles showing - two Gustav Klimnt puzzles and Botticelli's "Primevera".

Please check the videos out.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Dennis,

    I have thoroughly enjoyed your videos. These have been inspiring for me. I am just starting to build puzzles with my two daughters (ages 9 and 12). Framing and preserving are my biggest part of the contribution.

    I hope you are well and continue to build these pieces of art and post more updates.

    With Gratitude,
    Randy Upchurch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis,

    I have been looking for you for a while now. I saw a lengthy comment you left on a blog called "Jigsaw Joe" which I responded to in great length as well, but looks like Joe never approved the comment to be posted so it's still sitting there waiting for moderation approval for some reason.

    Anyway, I hope you are still out there in Seattle puzzling....I don't see any updates on your blog (which I found through a google search on your name, btw) since 2012 so I hope all is well with you and that you're just busy puzzling.

    Anyway, I had written to you on Jigsaw Joe's website because we share a passion for puzzles, and I wanted to introduce you to a few things you might not have seen yet. First of all, I have a blog all about my build of the 24,000 piece Life puzzle. I am still working on it, after almost 4 years because I have had a lot of "life" circumstances happen while trying to complete it....i,.e., a couple of moves, the birth of two children, etc...you know...those LITTLE things in life that can get in the way of puzzling for hours on end. LOL

    I would love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance. Here's a link: http://pennysjigsawblog.blogspot.com

    Also, I don't know if you know about this or not, but there are several jigsaw puzzling groups out there for people who like to post pictures and comment on others of their jigsaw puzzles. It's on Flickr (which is free to sign up for), and it is such a neat community of other people around the world who share our passion for jigsaw puzzles. I think you might especially enjoy chatting with the administrator of the "Big Jigsaw Puzzles Group", Mike, as he is an enthusiast of classic art puzzles and does all his own framing as well. You guys would have a lot in common, I'm sure. Anyway, here's a link to three jigsaw puzzle groups that I belong to on Flickr. Would love to see you join any / all of them and start posting your great pictures of your puzzles and frames. Some of them look amazing! The Big Jigsaws group is for puzzles 3,000 pieces or higher, but the other two do not have size limitations for puzzle pictures.

    https://www.flickr.com/groups/2106384@N23/

    https://www.flickr.com/groups/jigsaws/

    https://www.flickr.com/groups/45721448@N00/

    I could talk about puzzles all day long....I'm very chatty as you will soon learn if you either respond to this comment on your blog or join the Flickr groups.

    Talk to you soon, Dennis.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete